Beihai Park (北海公园) is situated beside the Forbidden City in the center of Beijing. It was built in the 10th century and has a history of over a thousand years. The park was used by five dynasties, Liao, Jin, Yuan, Ming and finally the Qing dynasty (916–1911).
Beihai Park lies on an area of about 700,000 square meters, half of which is water. At the center of this Park is an island called Qionghua. The perimeter of the Island is 1,900 meters and its highest point is 32 meters. In the north area of the park is a big pool that connects another two pools.